So, you've taken the first step and changed the way you think about auto insurance. No more large monthly or semi-annual payments... just pay for insurance when you are driving and actually need it. Nice work.
That said, your policy billing is based on a per mile charge. So, there is an expectation that you will let us know when you are driving by pushing the "Start Trip" and "Stop Trip" buttons when you drive. The quick answer, is that odometer photos are used to periodically true-up your account balance during your 30 day policy period. Because unless we know how much you’ve driven, we won’t be able to charge you. And if we can’t charge you, we won’t be able to insure you going forward.
The first step is to take a photo after your purchase, and then periodically during your policy life. At the end of the 30 day policy you will be asked to take another, so we can finalize your account balance and move any remaining funds to your next 30 day policy.
If you are wondering how to complete the odometer photo task, we've made it very simple. Once the app prompts you to take a photo, simply:
- press the "Take Photo" button and the app will open your camera.
- Point the camera at your vehicle odometer and take the photo.
- There is a cool zoom function in the App to make sure you can get a clear photo of the numbers.
- You'll get a chance to review the numbers before submitting.
- That's it! The app will automatically send it to us.
*Full Coverage is coming in January 2021. Yes... we are excited too 😀
Please chat with us through the App or website if any questions. Of course, you can also email us at [email protected], or telephone us at 505) 587-8467.